Indian Visa Application Process Fact Sheet
Travisa Outsourcing, won the exclusive contract from the Indian Embassy to process visas for all travel from the U.S. to India. Travisa Outsourcing provides faster visa processing due to new technology that Travisa has created for the Indian Embassy. The Indian Embassy has also invested in new technology to prepare for the increasing number of travelers visiting India for business and leisure travel. The average processing time is just 24 hours. India is one of only two countries world-wide that offers same day visa for travel from the U.S. Travisa Outsourcing is expected to process more than 400,000 visas for India this year compared to 350,000 visas in 2007. Following is a summary of how the new visa application process works:
How to Apply
Obtaining a visa to India is easy, efficient, and secure. The process is streamlined to ensure convenience for applicants. Here's how it works:
- Download and complete the application form from Travisa Outsourcing's Web site https://indiavisa.travisaoutsourcing.com.
- Submit application and supporting documentation in-person or via mail to the nearest Travisa Outsourcing office in Washington, DC, New York City, Chicago, Houston, or San Francisco.
- Submit payment online. There is a $13 processing fee in addition to the consular fee. For more information on consular fees, visit https://indiavisa.travisaoutsourcing.com/consular-fees.
- Travisa Outsourcing then delivers all applicant documentation to the consulate for processing. Please note that we do not issue visas or in any way determine or control the issuance of, or terms and conditions of, visas. This is determined and controlled solely by the Indian consulates.
- Applicants receive tracking information to check the status of their application online in real-time. A proprietary feature only available through Travisa Outsourcing, online tracking affords applicants the peace-of-mind of knowing that their passport is being handled safely and efficiently.
For more information on the process, visit https://indiavisa.travisaoutsourcing.com.
In-person Applications: Applications can be dropped-off at Travisa Outsourcing's offices Monday through Friday between 9am - 12pm and 2pm - 4pm. Document pick-up is available between 4:30pm - 6pm.
Same Day Visas: Applications must be submitted in person between 9am and 11am. Pick-up for same day applications is between 5:30pm and 6pm. Note that we do not guarantee same day visa issuance. Non-U.S. citizens and U.S. citizens who require a reference have a processing time of four to six business days. If applications for non-reference cases are received after 11am, the visas will be ready the following business day.
Application by Mail: Applications sent via mail take about five business days to process from the date of receipt.
The fee varies depending on the visa duration requested. For further information on fees, visit https://indiavisa.travisaoutsourcing.com/consular-fees. Travisa Outsourcing also charges a $13 processing fee per application, per passport. Payments accepted through money order (payable to Travisa Outsourcing) or credit card (Visa and MasterCard only).